Extensively used in the production of perfume, Lavender Essential Oil is obtained by distillation process from the flowers of specific species of lavender. Lavender Oil is the storehouse of ample properties. Lavender Essential Oil is antidepressant, antioxidant, sedative, soothing and calming. Owing to its benefits, the oil has been used for both cosmetic and therapeutic purposes.
Uses & Precautions:
- Lavender oil has a soothing and calming effect on the nerves, relieving tension, depression, panic, hysteria and nervous exhaustion in general and is effective for headaches, migraines, and insomnia.
- It is also very beneficial for problems such as bronchitis, asthma, colds, laryngitis, halitosis, throat infections, and whooping cough and helps the digestive system deal with colic, nausea, vomiting, and flatulence.
- Lavender oil relieves pain when used for rheumatism, arthritis, lumbago and muscular aches and pains, especially those associated with the sport.
- On the skin, lavender oil tones and revitalizes and it is useful for all types of skin problems such as abscesses, acne, oily skin, boils, burns, sunburn, wounds, psoriasis, lice, insect bites, stings and also acts as an insect repellent.
- Although lavender oil is considered one of the safest essential oils, you should discontinue use is you have any allergic reactions.